Friday 12 September 2014

'Magog' - An Oak leaf necklace

This week I have been working on this statement necklace design, based on oak leaves, which is now complete. I have named her Magog after a fabulous old, I believe around 2000 years old, oak near Glastonbury - when I saw her about 20 years ago she was still just clinging onto life unlike her partner, Gog, which has now sadly died - just think what has passed in her lifetime - amazing!!!!

I used copper wire to make my oak leafs, freehand shaping so, as in nature, no two are identical, I then added finer copper wire threaded with Swarovski crystals and glass beads to each leaf by weaving and wrapping into a random pattern, then I linked each set of leaves together with a glass bead on copper wire and added a hand formed clasp again using copper wire.






handmade jewellery by Angela Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment