Monday 10 March 2014

A weekend of sales

I would love to say that I make jewellery just for my own enjoyment - but even though I enjoy every minute of making my jewellery, unfortunately I also have to justify the hours and hours I spend making it, which means I have to sell it too, which means that occasionally I will attend craft fairs, and this weekend was one of those craft fair weekends. I spent two very enjoyable days at Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford selling my wares and catching up with other crafty friends such as Helen Billingsley with her fabulous ceramics - Helen also sells her ceramics in Gallery at 12 as one of our guest members


and Kim Robinson with her beautiful wildlife art printed on bags, aprons, cushions, cards and other items, Kim has also exhibited in Gallery at 12



Noel Bennett a fellow member of the Staffordshire Artists Co-operative - Gallery at 12 was also in attendance selling his fantastic photographs and paintings along with his wife Christina who was selling her pastel pieces and promoting her art classes, As well as Vance Lupton another member of the Staffordshire Artist's Co-operative demonstrating his amazing wood turning skills and selling his wares along with a group of Staffordshire wood turners. I didn't manage to get any photos of their stalls as when I remembered to get my camera out their stalls had customers in front of them, so you will just have to visit the Gallery's website or better still the Gallery itself!

The visiting birds of prey from Red Lion Farm were well shaded from the sun which was out for the whole of the Sunday.



The sunshine was very welcome and it brought lots of visitors to the Wildlife Trust who spent a lot of time wandering around the grounds, and many of the visitors ventured indoors too to look at the stalls.


And yes I did manage to sell items of my jewellery, and had several orders for name necklaces which I could make there and then, and I even sold some of my photograph cards which was amazing as there were three very talented photographers at the event so I didn't expect to sell any as they weren't the main part of my display.
My stall 

No comments:

Post a Comment