Thursday 14 February 2013

A new venture

Recently I was approached by The Bead Shop, Manchester, asking if I would be interested in developing a link with their shop on this blog. As this is something totally new to me, it wasn't something I would enter into lightly, so I have since had a good look at their website and at what they are offering and have decided that this will be mutually beneficial to us, as well as you, my readers as I have also been provided with a discount code for you to use.

The Bead Shop is a family run business, located in the Manchester Corn Exchange, established in 1993, which was one year earlier than I started making jewellery. The shop offers a great range of beads and findings to meet a beader's needs and requirements and they are updating their ranges all of the time. I now have somewhere else to visit when I next spend a day in Manchester visiting my daughter!

I thought I would share with you a few items that have already caught my eye.

Kits are a great way to start your jewellery making journey, you have everything you need to make your items including the basic tools, I started with a kit 19 years ago and haven't looked back!
The Bead shop has a good selection of kits this one in particular caught my eye. It has a selection of glass and semi-precious beads and findings, the three most essential pliers for jewellery making and a bead mat along with an instruction book. This would make a great gift, but it is something I would have bought for myself

Jewellery making Starter Kit - Silver Plated


I have never used these ear wires, but what a great idea I have always attached a bail to a hook, but I like the idea of having it all in one like this, I think I will have to give these a go, just pinch your bead directly onto the bail.

Beadalon  Small Pinch Bail Earwires - Silver Plated

and finally - as it is valentines day I will end with a beautiful hand painted glass heart bead
this is just one of seven different glass hearts currently available from the Bead Shop

25mm Hand Painted Glass Heart - Red

If you would like to visit the Bead Shop website and browse through their collections of beads findings etc, I can also provide you with a discount code

Code: TBS012 this code will entitle you to 10% off and is restricted to 1 per person


3 comments:

  1. Hey Angela,

    The post looks great, I would like to thank you for your kind words! I hope you enjoy the shop just as much as the website when you next visit your daughter in Manchester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link and good luck with the new link. Did you know that there is a bead shop here in Belper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie,I haven't been to Belper since the day I got married in the registry office there!!! - do you pop in for beads? I could see that you might find them useful at times to embellish your work, not that your beautiful work needs embellishing x

      Delete