Sunday 11 April 2010

masquerade

I have mentioned it on facebook and on twitter, and now I can finally show you my knitted mask.
I had a vague idea of how I wanted the finished mask to look, but I let the design evolve as I knitted,
I have spent over a month working on this, not constanstly I hasten to add. I haven't followed a pattern and I didn't make notes as I went along so I will never be able to re-create this exactly, consequently it will remain a totally one off, unique piece. 
I know to show it off at its best I should photograph it on someone, but I have no volunteers handy so for now this will have to do.

It is knitted on an ivory coloured wire with gold and clear glass seed beads. I have decorated it with Swarovski crystal pearls
It is a mask designed to be worn, not held on a stick as it is too floppy for that.
I have attached a thin knitted band with a gold plate hook at the end, to the back which is fed through a loop, back onto itself and can be hooked at a position of your choice to comfortably hold the mask in place.

I am so pleased with it, I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had the kind of lifestyle where I would be able to use it, then I would buy it in a heartbeat. (Actually I like my lifestyle as it is but you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning, you are so talented :-)

    ReplyDelete