Thursday 25 March 2010

3 O'clock in the morning

One of the things I miss with not having all my beads and findings at home anymore is I can't try out new ideas that come to me at 3am and stop me from sleeping.
This was one such idea, the first necklace I made in this design was created one morning about 6 years ago between the hours of 3 and 6, afterwards I returned back to bed and slept for a couple of hours before getting up to proudly show my family what I had made while they were all sleeping. My original was made with garnet coloured Swarovski crystals, I have since made it in ruby red, clear crystals with gold seed beeds and pearls, a variety of greens, smokey grey, jet, and this siam crystal to name but a few, and each one has looked totally different. It is probably the design that has received the most comments over the years, I have now adapted the design so I have a variety of different ways of making similar necklaces, but this one is closest to the original.



It is also the necklace that currently provides the background to the title for my blog page

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous piece. And what a great way to deal with insomnia!

    ReplyDelete