Sunday 28 July 2013

Two new Bumblebee pendants


Bumblebees and summer for me go hand in hand - I have spent many an hour just sitting and watching them fly around our herb garden - summer just wouldn't be the same without their gentle buzzing and flashes of bright yellow and orange but not only are they beautiful to watch they are also central to our ecosystems as great pollinators, without them many of our fruit, vegetables and wild flowers would not survive, worryingly bee numbers are declining in the UK due mainly to changes in agricultural practises, We can all do our bit to help bees - just by planting a few bee friendly plants in our gardens - it could be as simple as that! 

I sat outside, enjoying a beautiful summers day, making these bumblebees, surrounded by the constant hum of our own garden bees- it was wonderful!!!
These make fun summer necklaces and although I have made and will continue to make several of these I can guarantee that each one will be different as I don't use a template to make the bee frame therefore each one will vary in size and shape and the colours and size of stripes will also vary too.







These two are currently for sale in my Etsy shop 


handmade jewellery by Angela Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment